Registration is disabled!

Beta version of WE7 -outdated!

Anything that you can not find on the repo

Moderator: King_o_Hill

rasputin007

Beta version of WE7 -outdated!

Post by rasputin007 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:26 pm

I am working on bringing Weather Elements into the new age, meaning working with a new WeatherUnderground url, which requires an API key. But also to make it work on iOS 10. The current problem is that IS2 is not working on iOS 10 and therefore cycript code, which I use to read user setup values can not be used at the moment. So, here is a cycript version, where some of the user changeable input can be set within the Wallpaper.html or LockBackground. html. There are 2 files as the LockBackground.html is for the Lockscreen and the Wallpaper.html is for the Homescreen. The difference is the layout in the bottom half as the Homescreen needs place for the dock icons.

What you can change in the -non-cycript version is

Please note the line numbers as you have to scroll quite a long way to get to them!
You MUST enter your your API key for the Google Javascript where it says "YOUR-GOOGLE-JAVASCRIPT-KEY".

What the "original" WE7, with cycript code, is about can be seen HERE.

DOWNLOAD
Just copy that folder into where ever you have your Lockscreen themes or Homepage themes.

EDIT:
Download link updated to a proper working deb file!
Nothing is impossible, only miracles take a bit longer!

rasputin007

Re: Weather Elements 7 -beta

Post by rasputin007 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:00 am

Due to a recent question I will post some clarification. All the following is in regard of using WE7 with XenHTML.
The WE7 deb package installs at /var mobile/Library/SBHTML. That's how it has been set up.
However if you want WE7 to display on the Lockscreen then SBHTML is not suitable as it is only for the home screen.
As the package is set up to be with SBHTML the "important" file is Wallpaper.html.
This following gives a renaming list if you want to use WE7 in XenHTML with a different option.
SBHTML: Wallpaper.html (default setting of the deb file)
LockHTML: LockBackground.html - rename Wallpaper.html into LockBackground.html when using the WE7 folder in /var/mobile/Library/LockHTML
iWidget: Widget.html - rename Wallpaper.html into Widget.html when using WE7 folder in /var/mobile/Library/iWidget - you also need a Widget.plist file (not included), but you can copy one from an existing iWidget and have to change the height and width values to your screen size, maybe also set X and Y to 0, otherwise you only will not have full screen.
I prefer actually iWidget (need to install the iWidget package), as XenHTML can read these and you can use iWidgets on both, Lockscreen and Home screen.
Hope this helps if you want to use WE7 on the LS and/or on the Home screen.
Nothing is impossible, only miracles take a bit longer!